A stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system of an Android device. The use of a ‘custom ROM’ is a common strategy for people who want to control their device more. However, there is a chance that you will be bricked during the process. To avoid such a situation, you must first backup your Android ROM.
- This is just one of the many cases, there could be countless others where a factory reset.
- If you come across bootloop or system errors, you can restore https://www.asatodo.com/2023/04/18/updating-your-asus-router-firmware-without/ your previous ROM from the TWRP backup.
- Backing up your data is an excellent way to keep your smartphone running smoothly, and it is unquestionably worthwhile.
- So, let’s begin on how to backup Android device’s apps and data.
- It does nothing radical but brings a clean, AOSP-based ROM with rock-solid stability and a long list of device support.
It makes flashing ROMs and making backups so much quicker and easier. And it also has a couple of useful extra features that you won’t find elsewhere. The Stock Recovery that comes preinstalled on our smartphone has very limited features. Like you can’t root or flash files using the stock recovery. Assuming you’ve copied a ROM (in .zip format) or other flashable zip file into the device’s internal storage you can sue the Select Zip screen to locate and choose it. So that’s how to extract stock boot.img file from stock firmware. If you run across any problems, please let us know in the comments.
- Another way is to use a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox to sync your files between your devices.
- If you used SuperSU, for example, go to the Settings tab, select Full Unroot, then reboot your phone again.
- Now you can take the full backup of Android ROMs using two popular methods.
- Connect your device to the system and allow the permission for USB Debugging.
- It also enables users to update or downgrade, remove screen locks, fix bootloop issues, and fix phones stuck at logo issues.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to put your phone in Download mode.
Built on top of AOSP/CAF, Syberia OS offers almost everything you’d want from your Android phone. Bliss ROM is a new custom ROM in the Android ecosystem but it has huge potential. It not only develops ROMs for smartphones, but also for tablets and Windows devices like Surface Pro.
If you have a MediaTek device and want to upgrade or downgrade your phone then you should download SP Flash Tool Latest Version. Navigate to the MtkDroidTools/backups folder to find your backup file. To be sure that the backup was completed without fault, compare the size of the system.img file with the /system folder. The SP Flash Tool is 100% safe for the computer, laptop, and MediaTek devices.